New Classical Tracks™ with Julie Amacher
Host Julie Amacher provides an in-depth exploration of a new classical music release each week.
- New Classical Tracks: A Musical Puzzle 'In 27 Pieces'
violinist Hilary Hahn made more than two dozen cold calls to solicit original compositions for her latest recording, 'In 27 Pieces'. Hear all about this new album on this week's New Classical Tracks.February 12, 2014
- New Classical Tracks: Passionate Piano from Poland
Polish pianist Rafal Blechacz's second recording for Deutsche Grammophon is a collection of Polonaises by Chopin.February 5, 2014
- New Classical Tracks: The emotional range of violin concertos
On her latest recording, Rachel Barton Pine pairs the famous Mendelssohn Violin Concerto in E minor with one that's rarely heard by Robert Schumann.January 29, 2014
- New Classical Tracks: Song of a Czech
Dvorak is best known for his orchestral music, Janacek for his operas -- but they both composed choral music, as a new disc from vocal ensemble Cantus shows.January 22, 2014
- New Classical Tracks: Blending classical and folk with Brahms
Leonidas Kavakos is a third-generation Greek violinist. His grandfather was a folk fiddler; his father was a classically trained violinist. On his new recording of Brahms violin works, Leonidas Kavakos blends both of these worlds.January 15, 2014