New Classical Tracks™ with Julie Amacher
Host Julie Amacher provides an in-depth exploration of a new classical music release each week.
- Not So Different After All: Tift Merritt and Simone Dinnerstein blend genres in 'Night'
Simone Dinnerstein is a classical pianist; Tift Merritt is a singer/songwriter who's been compared with Joni Mitchell and Emmylou Harris. What happens when they join forces?July 17, 2013
- Balancing Emotion and Logic: Yundi Li
Pianist Yundi Li made his name with Chopin. Now he explores another romantic master, Beethoven.July 9, 2013
- New Classical Tracks: Familiar songs with something different to say
This new choral disc from The Singers serves up a collection of American melodies, in arrangements that sometimes give the old tunes an unexpected spin.July 2, 2013
- New Classical Tracks: Revisiting Rachmaninov
Conductor Leonard Slatkin comes back to the orchestral music of Rachmaninov, 30 years after recording it for the first time.June 25, 2013
- New Classical Tracks: Daniel Hope's Space Music
Carl Sagan, Philip Glass, J. S. Bach, Karl Jenkins, Yehudi Menuhin — they all played a role in shaping Daniel Hope's new disc, inspired by the ancient concept of the music of the spheres.June 18, 2013